1968:
The IOC offices moved to the
Château de Vidy

In 1968, the IOC moved its headquarters to the lakeside Château de Vidy at the suggestion of the City of Lausanne, which owned the property.

It had been the site of a farm and church, but in 1771 Captain Louis de Loys began the construction of the magnificent Château de Vidy. Napoleon Bonaparte was once received there, and Voltaire was also a visitor.

IOC in Lausanne

Prev
Next

More about IOC history

back to top