1922:
The IOC establishes its offices
in Mon-Repos

In 1922, the IOC moved to the Villa Mon-Repos, an imposing 18th century mansion owned by the City of Lausanne.

It housed Coubertin’s own study, administrative staff and a small museum.

Later, Coubertin and his wife, Marie, moved into personal quarters there. By 1968, the IOC had outgrown the building and relocated across the city to Vidy. Mon-Repos closed but was later renovated as the headquarters of Olympic Solidarity.

IOC in Lausanne

Prev
Next

More about IOC history

back to top