The IOC Subsidies for NOCs’ Participation in Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games Programme is intended to help the NOCs to participate in the Olympic Games and the Youth Olympic Games.
The financial assistance provided by Olympic Solidarity has two complementary objectives: to help foster the universal spirit of the Olympic Games by guaranteeing the participation of all NOCs, and to give additional support to NOCs for their contribution to the development and success of the Games.
Uniting the planet
The IOC Subsidies for NOCs’ Participation in Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games are managed by the Olympic Solidarity office in Lausanne in coordination with the Organising Committees of the respective Olympic Games. For the Olympic Games, they are given in three phases:
- Before the Games: they cover the travel expenses and accommodation for one person per NOC to attend the meeting between the Chefs de Mission and the Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (OCOG) and help NOCs that will organise pre-Games training camps in the host country.
- During the Games: they contribute to travel expenses for a number of athletes, team officials and NOC officials, cover accommodation costs for a maximum of two rooms per NOC up to 20 nights per room, and cover Games-related expenses which are not already covered by other sources of funding .
- After the Games: they are paid to the NOCs to compensate their contribution to the success of the Games.
For the Youth Olympic Games, these subsidies are given in two phases:
- Before the Games, they cover 50% of the travel expenses and accommodation for one person by NOC at the Chefs de Mission Seminar, the other half being covered by ANOC.
- During the Games, they cover full board accommodation at Youth Olympic Village for the athletes, team officials and “Young Change Makers”, as well as the travel expenses of the NOC delegations to travel to the Games.