On the obverse, in the upper half, an ancient chariot pulled by three horses, driving on a triumphal arch composed of four rays. A Goddess of Victory sits on the chariot holding a laurel crown. In the bottom half, in front of a picture, an illustration of winter sports equipment with some examples. Around, there is the inscription: “GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN”. On the reverse, which is deliberately simple, the Olympic rings and the inscription: “IV OLYMPISCHE WINTERSPIELE 1936”.
Designer: Richard Klein
Composition: 1st Place (Gilt silver), 2nd Place (Silver), 3rd Place (Bronze)