Inside the NEC's Hall 4 India's boxers were in particularly fine form.
The 2018 Gold Coast light flyweight silver medallist Amit Panghal beat Vanuatu's Namri Berri by unanimous decision to secure his passage to the quarterfinals, while Hussam Uddin Mohammed was as equally dominating in the men's middleweight class. He saw off Md Salim Hossain of Bangladesh also by unanimous decision.
In the evening session Ashish Kumar then returned a third victory for India in the men's light heavyweight division.
Scotland had a strong start in the ring with Lennon Mulligan crushing Eriu Temakau by a wide unanimous decision and light heavyweight title hopeful Sean Lazzerini winning via third round stoppage against Mauritius' Jean Luc Rosalba. It wasn't to be, however, for Megan Reid who fell to England's Gemma Paige Richardson in the night session.
The home team also had a victory in the men's flyweight through Kiaran Macdonald who unanimously triumphed over Sri Lanka's M Vidanalage Ishan Ranjeewa Senevir and in the light heavyweight class after Aaron Bowen outclassed Nigeria's Innocent Ehwarieme.
For a complete look at the day's results see below.
2022 Commonwealth Games: Boxing results day four
Men's flyweight round of 16:
- Patrick Chinyemba (ZAM) won on RSC over Charles Fauma Keama (PNG)
- Amit Panghal (IND) won 5-0 over Namri Berri (VAN)
- Lennon Mulligan (SCO) won 5-0 over Eriu Temakau (KIR)
- Jake Dodd (WAL) won on RSC over Retselisitsoe Kolobe (LES)
- Clepson Antonio Dos Santos Paiva (NIR) won 3-2 over Yaw Samuel Addo (GHA)
- Kiaran Macdonald (ENG) won 5-0 over M Vidanalage Ishan Ranjeewa Senevir (SRI)
- Otukile Rajab Mahommed (BOT) won 5-0 over Qaiyum Ariffin (MAS)
Men's featherweight round of 16:
- Alex Mukuka (NZL) won 3-2 over George Molwantwa (BOT)
- Joseph Commey (GHA) won on RSC over Allan Oaike (PNG)
- Hussam Uddin Mohammed (IND) won 5-0 over Md Salim Hossain (BAN)
- Tryagain Morning Ndevelo (NAM) won RSC over Jone Davule (FIJ)
- Ilyas Hussain (PAK) won 3-2 on points over Anthony Shawn Joseph (TTO)
- Jude Gallgher (NIR) won on RSC over Niall Farrell (ENG)
- Keoma-ali Al-Ahmadieh (CAN) won 3-2 over Charlie Senior (AUS)
- Keevin Allicock (GUY) won 5-0 over Jeewantha Wimukthi Kumara Nisshanka (SRI)
Men's light heavyweight round of 16:
- Sean Lazzerini (SCO) won RSC over Jean Luc Rosalba (MRI)
- Keven Beausejour (CAN) won 5-0 over Charles Cox (BAR)
- Arthur Langelier (LCA) won on walkover Leatialii Afoa (TUV)
- Yusuf Lucasi Changalawe (TAN) won 5-0 over Curlun Richardson (AIA)
- Ashish Kumar Kumar (IND) won 5-0 over Travis Tapatuetoa (NIR)
- Aaron Bowen (ENG) won 5-0 over Innocent Ehwarieme (NGR)
- Jerone Ennis (JAM) won 2-3 over Billy McAllister (AUS)
- Taylor Bevan (WAL) won on RSC over Jancen Poutoa (SAM)
Women's lightweight round of 16:
- Gemma Paige Richardson (ENG) won 5-0 over Megan Reid (SCO)
How to watch boxing at 2022 Commonwealth Games
UK: BBC TV, Radio, iPlayer
Canada: CBC Sports, CBC Sports app
Australia: Channel 7, 7Plus
New Zealand: Sky, TVNZ
India: Sony LIV
Further streaming details can be found on the Commonwealth Games website.
For all the latest from the 2022 Commonwealth Games check out our liveblog.