The above meeting took place on 9 October. It was chaired by Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary SUGITA Kazuhiro, representing the Government of Japan, and incorporated a comprehensive review of COVID-19 countermeasures. The meeting was also attended by other representatives of the Government of Japan, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and Tokyo 2020.
At this meeting the parties discussed matters related to the operation of the Games itself, such as operations at competition venues, the Olympic and Paralympic Village and competition rules, including:
- Infection control measures for athletes at competition venues
- Infection control measures for athletes in the Olympic and Paralympic Village
- Approach to testing athletes in the Olympic and Paralympic Village
- Rules and behaviour (code of conduct) for athletes
- Measures and rules by sport
In cooperation with the IOC and IPC, we will use these conferences as an opportunity to communicate information to overseas stakeholders. We will continue to work closely with all related organisations to prepare for a safe and secure Games.