While approximately 11,000 athletes will take part in the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, only a few of them will make it onto the podium. But how much do you know about these would-be champions? In this video series, we showcase the promising athletes who are set to shine in Tokyo less than a year from now. This week, meet 21-year-old Japanese sprinting sensation Abdul Hakim Sani Brown.
- Name: Abdul Hakim Sani Brown
- Age: 21 (6 March 1999)
- Nationality: Japan
- Sport: 100m / 200m
Best achievements so far
- Winner of the gold medal at the 100m event at the 2018 World Under-18 Championship, in a time of 10.28 seconds.
- Winner of the gold medal at the 200m event at the 2018 World Under-18 Championship, in a time of 20.34 seconds.
- Two-time winner of the Japanese National Championship, in both 100m and 200m.
- Winner of the bronze medal at the 4x100m relay at the 2019 World Championships.
Quote to remember
Just running in front of my home crowd will make me... faster.
Abdul Hakim Sani Brown, Sprinter
Watch the video to know more about Abdul Hakim Sani Brown
He is one of the most exciting Japanese prospects for the Olympics, with an even more interesting background, meet the man that Japan and the world will watch very closely on the track in Tokyo.