In order for you to participate in this workshop and receive the photos created by your students, for use in class or as a souvenir, it is necessary to have the parents/legal guardians fill out a consent form before you come, as well as sign one yourself.
Please be assured that the photographs taken during the workshop will not be used by the Olympic Museum in any way.
When technology brings cultures together
As part of our temporary program around the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games to be held in the summer of 2021, come and discover the codes of Japanese culture with your students.
Accompanied by a TOM coach, the students will immerse themselves in the history and culture of Japan, the host country of this edition of the Olympic Games. They are invited to express their creativity by creating an "augmented collage" on shelves from a library of images inspired by Japanese culture, the sports on the program and the visual identity of Tokyo 2020.
The Lausanne-Tokyo AR workshop is an opportunity to explore the technology of augmented reality* and to discuss cultural diversity.
Thanks to this creative experience, the two cultures (Japan and Switzerland) are side by side in a single image highlighting the singularities of each. By playing with forms, interactions and encounters of elements, the students create poetic, unexpected, comic and fantastic effects.
An opportunity to open up to the world by stimulating curiosity.
* Augmented reality is a technique consisting of adding virtual elements (text, image, animation etc.) to our immediate environment in order to enrich and complete it.
Recommended ages: 11-13 years old / 14-15 years old
The Mediator adapts his speech and the contents presented to the age of the students/children.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 23 March to 19 November 2021
- 45-minute workshop in an educational space
Possibility to combine the workshop with:
- Self-guided tour or 45-minute guided tour of the temporary exhibition
The guided tour of the temporary exhibition:
- Students learn about the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and the sports on the programme.
- They then explore the culture of the host country, Japan, through the objects and theme of sports manga.
- They discover the elements of the visual identity created for this edition of the Summer Olympics (torch, emblem, pictograms, etc.).
The thematic workshop:
Children explore the creative possibilities offered by augmented reality. They will:
- Discover the artistic process of collage and its digital application.
- They learn to recognise certain objects from Japanese culture.
- Create visual compositions in groups.
- Share with the rest of the class their intentions and the result obtained.
From 1st January 2021, our entire educational offer is free for groups under 16 years of age (admission, visit and workshop if desired and available).