How well do you know the olympic games?
This guided tour helps participants learn the essential facts about the Olympic Games, which are much more than just a sports competition. Based around the Museum’s permanent exhibition, this dynamic tour is a real journey into the Olympic world, complete with a host of anecdotes, objects and records!
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Recommended ages: 11-13 years old / 14-15 years old / 16+.
The activity leader adapts the language/content depending on the age of the pupils/children.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
90-minute guided tour of the temporary exhibition
- Origin and history of the Olympic Games
- Olympic values
- Generalist (highlights)
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
A guided tour of the permanent exhibition
- Pupils learn about the elements that make the Games unique and universal.
- They find out about the Olympic values through the stories of athletes, all of whom are champions in their own way.
- They then go behind the scenes of the competitions and into the world of sports science in the zones devoted to nutrition, technological developments, training and activities carried out by the International Olympic Committee.
- They are made aware of Olympic patrimony and how varied it is through objects, photos and films.
- They think about, discuss and respond to the activity leader’s questions.
- As of 1 January 2021, all our educational programmes are free of charge for those under the age of 16 (admission, visit and workshop if desired and available).