A workshop and/or visit that allow(s) the participants to learn the secrets of Olympia, starting with the ancient Olympic Games and the legacy that they left. Pupils/children discover ways of reconstructing the past, from archaeological digs to experimental archaeology. In order to understand the sports on the programme, they compare the sports equipment of the first athletes with today’s equipment, and imitate the sporting scenes painted on the vases.
- Recommended ages: 4-6 years old* / 7-10 years old / 11-13 years old / 14-15 years old
(* For this age group, we only recommend the workshop)
The Mediator adapts his speech and the contents presented to the age of the pupils/children.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 45-minute workshop in an educational space
Possibility to combine the workshop with :
- Self-guided tour or 45-minute guided tour of the permanent exhibition
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
A guided tour of the permanent exhibition
- Pupils learn about the modern Olympic Games: the sports on the programme, the athletes who made their mark on history, and how equipment has developed.
- The tour continues with a journey back in time to the origins of the Olympic Games, in Greece, in the ancient world.
A themed workshop
Children handle objects and place themselves in various situations. They:
- Discover ways of reconstructing the past, from archaeological digs to experimental archaeology.
- Compare ancient sports equipment to the modern equivalent.
- Imitate the images on vases and sculptures to learn how to decipher them.
- Understand the link between mythology and history.
- As of January 1, 2021, our entire educational offer is free of charge for groups under the age of 16 (admission, visit and workshop if desired and available).