The pre-Games stadium was a training site for Beerschot Athletic Club. Construction for the Antwerp 1920 Games included a new grandstand, the enlargement of existing grandstands, the extension of the track and the installation of an access road. After the Games, additional work was required to turn it into a football ground suitable for local team FC Beerschot. The running track was subsequently removed, four separate stands were created, and the capacity was significantly reduced. As a result, the post-Games stadium bore little resemblance to the venue which hosted events from nine sports in 1920.
The stadium has remained FC Beerschot’s home for over a century and, as of 2019, had a capacity of 12,771.