The Session has the following powers:
1. to adopt or amend the Olympic Charter
2. to elect the members of the IOC, the Honorary President, honorary members and honour members
3. to elect the President, the Vice-Presidents and all other members of the IOC Executive Board
4. to elect the host city of the Olympic Games
5. to elect the city in which an ordinary Session is held, the President having the authority to determine the city in which an extraordinary Session is held
6. to approve the annual report and financial statements of the IOC
7. to appoint the independent auditor of the IOC
8. to decide on the awarding or withdrawal by the IOC of full recognition to or from NOCs, associations of NOCs, IFs, associations of IFs and other organisations
9. to expel IOC members and to withdraw the status of Honorary President, honorary members and honour members
10. to adopt or amend the Athletes’ Rights and Responsibilities Declaration upon recommendation of the Athletes’ Commission and to promote respect for this Declaration within the Olympic Movement
11. to resolve and decide upon all other matters assigned to it by law or by the Olympic Charter.
If you have not found the answer to your question in our Frequently Asked Questions you may contact us directly by visiting the page linked below. Please be as explicit as possible in order to help us deliver a relevant answer.