Tokyo champion Viktor Axelsen and Thailand's Ratchanok Intanon won the singles title at the 2022 Malaysia Open on Sunday (3 July).
Intanon beat Olympic badminton gold medallists Chen Yufei to win the women's singles crown in Kuala Lumpur.
Intanon won the first game 21-15 before China's Chen hit back, dominating the second which she took 21-13. The Thai shuttler moved into an early lead in the third and held off Chen's fightback in an epic decider, taking it 21-16.
It's her first title since 2020.
Axelsen beat second seed Momota Kento of Japan 21-4, 21-7 to win the men's title in Malaysia.
Two-time former world champion Momota was outclassed in the final by the world number one from Denmark.
Fellow Olympic gold medallist Apriyani Rahayu won the women's doubles title for Indonesia with her new partner Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti.
World champions Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi (Japan) won the men's doubles title.
Zheng Si Wei and Huang Ya Qiong of China were mixed doubles champions.
2022 Malaysia Open - Results from the singles finals on Sunday 3 July
- Ratchanok Intanon beat Chen Yufei: 21-15, 13-21, 21-16.
- Viktor Axelsen beat Momota Kento 21-4, 21-7.
2022 Malaysia Open - Results from the doubles finals on Sunday 3 July
- Zheng Si Wei / Huang Ya Qiong (China) beat Dechapol Puavaranukroh / Sapsiree Taerarranachai (Thailand): 21-13, 21-18.
- Apriyani Rahayu / Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti (Indonesia) beat Zheng Shu Xian / Zheng Yu (China): 21-18, 12-21, 21-19.
- Takuro Hoki / Yugo Kobayashi (Japan) beat Fajar Alfian / Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia): 24-22, 21-16, 21-9.