India were simply unstoppable in the ISSF Junior World Championship that was held in Lima, Peru from September 27 to October 10. They topped the table winning 17 gold, 16 silver, and 10 bronze medals.
Manu Bhaker stole the show with five medals in her kitty, amongst them four are gold and a single bronze. After a disappointing campaign at Tokyo 2020 she has bounced back to form and how. In her pet event, the 10m air pistol, she won gold by defeating compatriot Esha Singh.
She kept up the momentum in team events, and on October 3 she won two golds -- one in a mixed team with Sarabjot Singh and the other in the women's 10m air pistol event, having teamed up with Shikha Narwal and Rhythm Sangwan.
Bhaker replicated her rich vein of form at the 25m range as well and won gold in the team event and a bronze in the individual event.
Rhythm Sangwan is another who showed real promise. She ended the tournament with four gold medals. Apart from performing well in the team events, she also shone in her individual event, the 25m standard pistol.
In the mixed team event, along with Vijayveer Sidhu she clinched gold beating Thailand's Kanyakorm Hirunphoem and Schwakon Triniphakorn. In fact, Sidhu has also won three golds, two in team events and one in 25m standard pistol individual event.
Shikha Narwal and Naamya Kapoor also grabbed the headlines courtesy of winning three medals each. While they ended with two gold apiece, Narwal had one silver and Kapoor won a bronze. One must note that Kapoor is just 14 and she is one to look out for in the future. In the 25m pistol event, she got 36 hits out of 50 in the final to finish ahead of the silver-winning Frenchwoman Camille Jedrzejewski and Manu, both of whom ended with 33.
Amongst the boys, there was one world junior record holder as well in Aishwary Pratap Singh. The Madhya Pradesh-born shooter equalled the junior world record score of 1185 in qualification to finish on top of the podium in the 50m 3P event. And in the finals he set a new record with a score of 463.4, finishing seven points ahead of second-placed Frenchman Lucas Kryzs, who had to settle with a silver with a score of 456.5.
Indian Shooters who Won Gold in ISSF Junior World Championship
- Dhanush Srikanth, Rajpreet Singh, Paarth Makhija in 10m Air Rifle Team.
- Aishwary Pratap Singh in 80m 3P Individual event.
- Sarabjot Singh, Naveen Naveen, Shiva Narwal in 10m Air Pistol Team.
- Adarsh Singh, Vijayveer Sidhu, Anish Anish in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Team.
- Vinay Pratap Singh Chandrawat in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Vijayveer Sidhu in 25m Standard Pistol.
- Arjun Singh Cheema in 50m Pistol.
- Manu Bhaker in 10 m Air Pistol.
- Manu Bhaker, Rhythm Sangwan, Shikha Narwal in 10m Air Pistol Team event.
- Manu Bhaker, Rhythm Sangwan, Namya Kapoor in 25 Air Pistol.
- Namya Kapoor in Air Pistol.
- Ganemat Sekhon, Raiza Dhillon, Areeba Khan in Skeet Team.
- Manvi Soni in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Rhythm Sangwan in 25m Standard Pistol.
- Shikha Narwal in 50m Pistol.
- Manu Bhaker and Sarabjot Singh in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team.
- Vijayveer Sidhu and Rhythm Sangwan in 25m Pistol Mixed Team.
Indian Shooters who Won Silver in ISSF Junior World Championship
- Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil in 10m Air Rifle
- Adarsh Singh in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol
- Bakhtyaruddin Mohamadmuzahid Malek, Shardul Vihan, Vivaan Kapoor in Men's Trap team.
- Sehajpreet Singh in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Udhayveer Sidhu in 25m Standard Pistol.
- Shaurya Sarin in 50m Pistol.
- Nisha Kanwar, Zeena Khitta, Atmika Gupta in 10m Air Rifle Women's Team Event.
- Nischal, Prasiddhi Mahant, Ayushi Podder in 50m 3P Women's Team Event.
- Esha Singh in 10m Air Pistol.
- Ganemat Sekhon in Skeet.
- Yeshaya Hafiz Contractor in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Niveditha Veloor Nair in 25m Standard Pistol.
- Esha Singh in 50m Pistol.
- Atmika Gupta and Rajpreet Singh in 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team Event.
- Ayushi Podder and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar in 50m 3P Mixed Team Event.
- Shikha Narwal and Naveen in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Event.
Indian Shooters who Won Bronze in ISSF Junior World Championship
- Anish and Tejaswini in 25m Pistol Mixed Team.
- Navdeep Kaur in 50mPistol.
- Naamya Kapoor in 25m Standard Pistol.
- Hitasha in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Manu Bhaker in 25m Air Pistol.
- Ramita in 10m Air Rifle.
- Ajinkya Chavan in 50m Pistol.
- Harsh Gupta in 25 Standard Pistol.
- Mayank Shokeen in Double Trap Grand Prix.
- Rajveer Gill, Ayush Rudraraju, Abhay Singh Sekhon in Skeet Men's Team.