The reigning 100m world champion from Doha 2019 has been banned for two years for breaching whereabouts rules in a decision communicated by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) on Tuesday 27 October 2020.
Coleman was provisionally suspended by the AIU in June and now will be able to appeal the decision.
He said at the time that anti-doping officials had not followed the procedure when testers called to his home on Dec. 9, 2019, at a time he indicated he would be at home, but he had gone Christmas shopping.
“We impose on the athlete a period of ineligibility of two years, which will end on May 13, 2022” stated the AIU on its website.
“The decision may be appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.”
Three failures to properly file whereabouts information or being absent during the hour stated in a 12-month period can result in a one or two-year suspension.
Coleman did not serve a suspension last year when the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), acting on guidance from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), withdrew the charge.
But two of those misses have now combined with the latest failure and result in a two-year ban.
When he was cleared to race at the Doha 2019 Worlds Coleman said:
"I'm not a guy who takes any supplements at all, so I'm never concerned about taking drugs tests, at any time. What has been widely reported concerning filing violations is simply not true."
"We're human beings, people don't realise how easy it is to miss tests," he said.