With respect to that section of the Digital Platform Olympics.com which is dedicated to the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, such OCOG is the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games as established by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Japanese Olympic Committee.
The Foundation is engaged in those Digital Platforms that relate to the Olympic Museum (in particular https://olympics.com/museum, https://museumshop.olympics.com); and the Olympic Studies Centre (in particular https://olympics.com/ioc/olympic-studies-centre, https://library.olympics.com/).
When we refer to “you” or “your” we refer to you as a user of the relevant Digital Platform.
1) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, stored on your browser or computer hard drive, which is used to collect data about your device and interactions with our Digital Platforms, such as browser type, operating system, IP address, device type, location, browsing date and time.
Cookies are placed on your device by us (“first party cookies”) or by third parties (“third party cookies”). These third parties include organisations that provide analytics and advertising services to us. The details of these third parties are listed in our Cookies Settings, which are made available when you first visit the Digital Platforms and remain accessible on each subsequent visit to our Digital Platforms.
2) What kind of cookies do we use?
We use different types of cookies, including:
- Strictly Necessary cookies that enable you to navigate our Digital Platforms. These cookies are necessary for the Digital Platforms to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Digital Platforms will not then work.
- Functional cookies that enhance the functionality and personalisation of our Digital Platforms by storing your preferences. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of the services available via that Digital Platform may not function properly.
- Performance and Analytics cookies collect certain information that allow us to improve the performance of our Digital Platforms and help us to provide you with what we believe to be the best user experience. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Digital Platforms. These cookies also allow us to build a profile of your interests and browsing patterns, for the purpose of personalising your experience and offering you the most relevant content. They help us to know how our Digital Platforms perform and which pages are the most and least popular and to see how visitors move around the Digital Platforms. If you do not allow these cookies we will not be able to learn more about the use and performance of our Digital Platforms and your experience will not be as personalised and relevant to you.
- Marketing and Advertising cookies that enable the tailoring of online advertising served to you based on your browsing activity and the location from which you access our Digital Platforms. These cookies include cookies set by our advertising partners. They are used by us and by our advertising partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on our Digital Platforms as well as other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will continue to see online advertising, but that advertising will be less tailored to you.
- Social Media cookies. These cookies are set by social media providers and include cookies that are set by the social media services that we have added to the Digital Platforms. For example, this includes social media services that enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across websites and building up a profile of your interests to show you relevant content and ads on those social media platforms. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit, including social media platforms. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see the social media sharing tools.
The details of the cookies for each category (session/persistent cookies, expiration time, cookies used, first or third party cookie) are available in the Cookies Settings on each Digital Platform.
3) Expiration time
Cookies may be kept stored on your browser or computer hard drive for as long as you keep such browser active, for session cookies, or for a longer period as permitted by law, for persistent cookies (for more information see the Cookies Settings available on each Digital Platform).
4) First party / third party cookies
As mentioned above, first party cookies and third party cookies may be placed on your device. For more information, see the Cookies Settings available on each Digital Platform.
If you deny the use of all cookies, neither first party cookies nor third party cookies will be used (except the Strictly Necessary ones).
5) How do I manage cookies?
You have the possibility to withhold consent or withdraw consent to all the cookies (except the Strictly Necessary ones) or manage them through the Cookies Settings available on each Digital Platform.
In addition to the Cookies Settings available on each Digital Platform, you can manage your cookie settings within your internet browser. More information is available here:
- Edge users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09#:~:text=Delete%20cookies%20every%20time%20you%20close%20the%20browser,on%20the%20Cookies%20and%20other%20site%20data%20toggle
- Mozilla Firefox users: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences and https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Google Chrome users: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari users: https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
More information about cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Users in the United States may opt-out of targeted advertising cookies. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Digital Platforms. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. To opt-out and for additional information, please go to: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
7) More information