Across four online action-based learning sessions you will learn about yourself through reflection, games, storytelling, discussion and questioning.
The Global workshops are open to all elite athletes and entourage and delivered in six languages by Athlete365 Career+ Certified Educators.
No matter at what stage you are in your career, it is important to take time to reflect and evaluate who you are and what you want out of life. The Power Up workshops -designed by Olympians and experts- are delivered in four sessions.
Workshop 1: Strengths & values
This first session focuses on self-reflection and activities to answer questions like – what is great about me? What could I be better at? What is important to me?
Workshop 2: Interests & skills
During the session we explore what sparks your interest outside sport and your unique skills that are transferrable and valuable to the labour market.
Workshop 3: Passion & Impact
Session three goes to a deeper level of what you are really passionate about and how you can make a positive impact on the world.
Workshop 4: Purpose & planning
This module will help you identify your purpose, discovering your “purpose” makes you more likely to have higher levels of fulfilment and happiness in your life. We start planning your next steps into a “purpose-driven” life.
- ‘Power Up’ will build a foundation for increased self-knowledge, confidence, self-esteem, and leadership capacity. Throughout the exercises, you will find your Super Powers and potential impact on the world.
- Identify your unique personality traits, behaviour, strengths, interests, skills, values, motivations, and interests and bring them together in a “ME MAP”.
- Build a personal library of key significant words and attributes that you will use in your career development process (networking, in your CV, and in an interview).
- Recognise the traits, experiences, values, and skills that you learned as an athlete and transfer those into the world of work and into wider aspects of life.
- Identify specific interests, career paths, and occupations based on your passion and interests.
- Reflect and explore your passions, your purpose, and how you can create a positive impact in the world, and how planning and actions lead to your dreams in sport, in careers, and in life.
The Global workshops are open to all athletes and entourage and are delivered in different languages, see the calendar below.
Places available for athletes and entourage – 100 participants max.
Dates and times will be confirmed to the registered participants before every session, based on the number of registrations received.
If you have not received the registration link in your inbox, please also check your spam folder.
In addition to the Global online workshops above, the Power Up workshops are also available to athletes through their National Olympic Committees, International Sports Federations, Athlete Commissions and other Olympic Movement organisations.
Below you will find the list of events hosted in 2021. (The calendar is being constantly updated as more workshops are confirmed)
Date and time: 9,10,11 and 12 March 2021, 12:00 MEX.
Educators: Ricardo del Real, Gabriel Sagastume, Carlos Santiago
Singapore NOC 01
Date and time: 20, 27 March, 3 and 10 April 2021, 9:00 SNG
Educator: Ren Kai Yip, Sharon Springer
Date and time: 3, 4, 5, 6 May 2021, 10:00
Educator: Gabriel Sagastume, Mayi Cruz Blanco, Carlos Santiago
Costa Rica NOC – Athlete’s Commission
Date and time: 7 May 2021, 16:00; 8 May 2021, 9:00 CST
Educators: Ricardo del Real, Carlos Santiago
Guatemala NOC – Athletes’ Commission
Date and time: Group 1: 19-20 May 2021; Group 2: 26-27 May 2021
Educator: Gabriel Sagastume, Ricardo del Real, Carlos Santiago
Union of Arab NOCs
Date and time: 7, 8, 9, 10 June 2021
Educator: Inas Hussein, Tony Tarraf
Nigeria NOC – Athlete’s Commission
Date and time: 22 June 2021, 10:00 – 17:00 Nigeria Time
Educators: Kady Kanouté Tounkara
Singapore NOC 02
Date and time: 10, 17, 24 and 31 July 2021, 9:00 SNG
Educator: Ren Kai Yip, Sharon Springer
UIPM Youth World Championships
Date and time: 16-17 September , Alexandria, Egypt
Educators: Dmytro Kirpulianskyi, Anfisa Kasyanova
Philippines – Athletes’ Commission
Date and time: 2,9,16,23 October 2021, 9:00 PHST – Manila (online)
Educators: Sharon Springer, RenKai Yip
Croatia – NOC
Date and time: 16-17 October 2021 (In-person)
Educators: Ana Popovcic
Uruguay – Athletes’ Commission
Date and time: 2,3,4,5 November 2021
Educators: Gabriel Sagastume, Carlos Santiago
Portugal – Athletes’ Commission
Date and time: 1,2,3,4 November 2021, 19:00 WEST – Lisbon (online)
Educators: Susana Feitor
Barbados – Athletes’ Commission
Date and time: 8,15,22,29 October 2021, 17:00 AST – Bridgetown (online)
Educators: Barbara Kendall, DJ Forbes
If you wish to participate in the workshops hosted by any of these organisations, please contact the event organiser. Please note that there might be limited places and priority will be given to Olympians and elite athletes.
If you are part of an Athlete Commission or an Olympic movement organisation and would like to host a Power Up workshop for your athletes, and for any additional information, please contact email@example.com.
What technological requirements or any other resources I need?
You will need the following:
- An e-mail address (to receive pre-workshop material and to register)
- Paper and pen
- To submit the registration form below (you will receive the link to join the online meeting only after you complete your registration)
- Internet access to join the online meeting (good enough to use the video and audio)
- Computer (ideally) or mobile phone (or both if available)
- Headphones (ideally)
What if I cannot attend all workshops? Can I attend another session later in the year?
We encourage you to attend all four workshops since they are all connected. If you cannot attend one, there will be online workshops being organised in different regions, countries, and languages periodically, so check the calendar and subscribe to olympics.com/athlete365 and follow social media channels @athlete365 where we will be announcing the upcoming workshops.