In the course, you’ll learn how to adapt the existing skills that you’ve learned throughout your sporting career to a new role, how to prepare for boardroom meetings, and some advice on how to deliver a winning presentation.
What you will learn
The course is split into three sections:
- Athlete skills for the Boardroom
- Getting ready for meetings
- Presenting to audiences
Within these three sections, Kirsty will present you with genuine insight from how she approached her first IOC session to how she adapted her sporting skills to help her stand out in the boardroom.
Meet your course expert
Current Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation in the Cabinet of Zimbabwe as of September 2018. Kirsty is a former swimmer and world record holder, and the most decorated Olympian from Africa.
As the Chair of the IOC Athletes’ Commission Kirsty is passionate about supporting athletes with their career transition after retiring as well as the development of the worldwide network of Athletes’ Commissions by helping them to become as effective as possible.
Additional roles in the IOC
- Member of the IOC Executive Board
- Member (2014-2018), then Chair of the Athletes’ Commission
- Chair of the Coordination Commission for the Youth Olympic Games Dakar 2026
- Member of the Coordination Commission for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020
- Member of the Olympic Solidarity Commission
- IOC representative on the WADA Foundation Board
Knowing when you are presenting that you have the same confidence you have at the start line is important.